Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Man (Woman) Standing

I would personally like to award myself an Emmy for my performance in "The Last Man Standing."  Yes the soap opera began Friday when Zoe threw up all over her mother.  It continued into the wee hours of Saturday morning with Isaac throwing up and Laura patiently sleeping by him. Perhaps I should interject here that Matthew and Laura spent the weekend moving from their rental to their new home thus explaining the weekend stay at Grandmas. Sunday morning I woke up to a little voice telling me, "Grandma is throwing up grandma."  Yes, Isaac calls both Scott and I grandma!  Not only did Scott have the flu, but Matthew and Laura as well.  I was officially the last man standing!!!  I also put on a great performance for the show "Saints and Sinners."  I stayed home from church and ran my washing machine from sunup to sundown!  If I am going to get the flu I am at least going to be sick in a clean house!

2 comments:

  1. Grandma,
    You gave an outstanding performance and deserve an Emmy! I love you.
    Grandma (2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope you managed to dodge the bullet!

    ReplyDelete