Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Bird In The Hand...


I have installed my humming bird feeder and it has attracted a few cute little fellows.  This morning I tried to quietly sneak out front to take a photo of my new friends.  They caught on to my tactics and whisked off, but what I did find was even better!  Yes, this adorable little bird was in my flower bed sound asleep.  It was a very cool morning with a nice little breeze.  I could not decide if this little guy was someone's pet, hurt or frozen so I picked  him up and brought him in the house.  That was when I discovered he could fly.  Having two house cats I decided it was probably in  his best interest to be turned loose outside. 


I took my camera to Max's soccer game and Dr. John Anderson was there.  Of course, I had to show him the photo and ask him what type of bird it was.  He informed me it was a finch.  I am now wishing I had purchased a bird cage, bird seed and made this beautiful little guy a new house pet!!  Isn't he adorable.  In the next life I want to be Dr. Doolittle!!

2 comments:

  1. You couldn't possibly be Dr. Doolittle -- perhaps Dooalot, but not Doolittle. I love you my little tweety bird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that he was sleeping in your flower bed. I'm jealous! I don't think I've ever seen a bird "sleeping."

    I can only imagine his scare when he wound up in your home with those two cats (was Molly even interested?). I'm glad you didn't cage him though.

    ReplyDelete