Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Childhood A.D.D.+ 50 Years = Adult A.D.D. At Its Best

Saturday I was cleaning up the kitchen.  I placed a dirty bowl in the sink and started the hot water running on it.  Then I  noticed my garbage needed to be taken out so I grabbed it and ran outside to the garbage can.  It was beautiful weather, the garage door was open and the lawn mower was in sight.  Which I then wondered if I could possibly start it up after a long winters nap.  Though we really haven't had much of a winter.  I tried.  It worked.  Well, now that I had it running I decided I might as well put it to use and mow up the pine needles adorning our front yard.  After about 3 rounds my husband poked his head out the door and asked about the water running in the kitchen sink.  Yes, this is the workings of my brain!  Adult A.D.D. at its best!  I did have the thought I should run and buy some fertilizer to put on the lawn, but I did not follow through with that idea.  Too bad because Monday morning we woke up to a heavy wet snow!  Mowed the lawn one day and shoveled snow 36 hours later!


1 comment:

  1. Oh ma, I'm glad you didn't flood your kitchen. That story is exactly how your brain works. But at least it works!

    ReplyDelete