Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Annual Snow Goose Festival


Today was the official Snow Goose Festival and not only were the white geese in full force, but we also woke up to white on the ground! Yes, it snowed for snow geese day! But it did not stop us from driving out to the res and out to a farm to catch them feasting on young grain. They are so fun to watch and I love listening to them. As you can see, by late afternoon the snow was gone and the geese were all that was left. I will try to figure out how to upload a video so you can hear them, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear them in the back of my mind just when I take a look at your pictures.

    I love those Bassett hounds! Ben wants a dog so bad, I'm going to make our first be a Bassett hound. Bertha junior if it's a girl

    ReplyDelete