Friday, February 26, 2010

One of Life's Lessons Learned

Wednesday evening our Home Teachers paid us a visit (and you will notice it was not even the last day of the month!) They invited us over for dinner Thursday evening at 6. We would be celebrating National Pancake Week.
At work Thursday my Visiting Teacher asked if she and her partner could come visit me around 4. Can you tell it is getting close to the end of the month! Well, you know gabby women.... we can usually visit one and a half hours (considering the lesson takes about 2 minutes to discuss you can tell we obviously have lots of other good stuff to talk about!) When she asked if they could come my first thought was: "There goes my entire evening." So I responded with: "Whatever." I had to repent of that comment today! I have found after coming home from work I am selfish with my time. I look forward to my counted cross stitch (I have 3 of the 5 birdhouses completed!), reading, etc. I was not happy to be giving up my entire evening. Selfish me!
The women came and we had such a great time talking and sharing stories. One of the comments made, that truly made me laugh and brings a smile to my face even thinking about it was: "We are an heir in quite a few wills, but I fear the economy will croak before any of them do!" We laughed and laughed over that! Then I shared with her the fact that Scott had told me we needed another old person to die. I informed him that: 'Hello, that would be me. I am next in line!' For those of you who don't know, I am two years older than my hubby. Anyway, I had a blast visiting with these two ladies, bless their hearts. I did have to go and apologize to the one for my very rotten attitude and tell her how much I enjoyed their visit.
They left and I had just enough time to prepare my fruit tray. Now it was off to dinner. Once again it was a totally delightful evening!!! Good food, better company. Down to earth people who are very easy to visit with and fun to be around. I love the way the church is set up with the visiting/home teaching program. You come to know and make friends with people whom otherwise you maybe never would have crossed paths with.
But back to the point I was getting at. Those expereinces taught me that I need to remember that............... people are much more important than things, no matter how much I like to read or cross stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment