Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What I like about you D.C!

I love the smell of the big city.
Green foilage, humidity, mixed in with vehicle fumes... I love it.
I love the cleanliness.
The man sweeping off the sidewalk that was already pretty spotless.
I love the healthy lifestyle.
People running, jogging, biking. You see them everywhere.
I love the monuments.
The Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument are a must see at night.
Arlington National Cemetery and the tomb of the unknown soldier.
The war memorials.
Vietnam Memorial with all the names listed on the wall
left a quiet impression upon my soul.
I love the metro.
I could purchase an all day pass and just pass the time away sitting on the metro.
I love the divirsity of the people.
Asians, Muslims, Jews, Caucasions, Blacks.
I love Pentagon City Mall.
Shopping, shopping, shopping what more can I say.
Of course, it is all window shopping, but it is enjoyable none the less.
I love the green foilage.
In the heart of the city, right off of the freeway
there is acess to a beautiful wooded area. Amazing.
I love the hustle and bustle of this city.
It has a great little heartbeat.
I love my little girl, Alizabeth Annie and her hubby Ben!
The best part of visiting the city.
Thanks for a great time!
Great food, great company, and ...great entertainment.
(See frog story below)





2 comments:

  1. Amen! That's all I can say. Mom has been off her meds and she has waxed more poetic than ever! Hurry and publish and then return to your happy pills! They're missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so Happy you were able to take a trip n visit you're darling kids! By the way- I am so EXCITED for you- now officially a doctor in the family- and another new baby on the way! What a cute mom lizzy will be! You and Scott are such wonderful parents- you have such GOOD kids! You need to give me advice on how to raise my kids to be such good, happy, productive adults as yours all are! By the way I loVe reading ur blog-

    ReplyDelete