Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mama Bird, Privacy, and Jesus

Strange title. What could those three words have in common you wonder? One word...Ava! Let me explain.
Story #1:
Matthew, Laura, and family left sunny Saint George-Phil and Shayna left cold Cache Valley and they all met up in cold, windy Delta. Purpose....to help their father at the Sutherland Cemetery. Yes, Memorial Day is right around the corner. While working at the cem they discovered a mama Killdeer and her four little egglets. Later in the day Max phoned and he had helped at the Cemetery long enough. He was ready to come home. Ava and I drove out to Sutherland to pick him up. I , being the animal lover I am, took a morsel of bread out for Kelly Killdeer. We had driven about 2 miles when little Miss Ava piped up from the back seat: "Grandma, I want a roll." I informed her she would have to wait until we got back to Grandma's house as I did not have any rolls with me , just a small piece of roll for the mother bird. "Let me see" she says. I show her the small morsel to which she replies: "I have a great idea. How about we give half to the mama bird and half to Ava bird." Yes, it made me chuckle and yes, we did just that. Half to mama bird and half to my little tweety bird!

Story #2:
Sunday morning Ava informs us she needs to go to the bathroom. I have 2 and one half baths and they all have the high rise toilet so little ones need help getting on. One bathroom is located in the master bedroom. Ava informs her father: "I want to use Grandpa's bathroom. I need my privacy." Where did we get this child?! She makes me so laugh! And for the record... all the bathrooms have doors on them!

Story #3:
Sunday before the Saint George Bassetts returned home Uncle Phil told Max to meet him downstairs for a wrestling match. You need to know we were given a hugh Christus statue for Christmas one year. It is located downstairs in the 'someday to be family room.' Phillip, Max, and Ava head down stairs for the showdown. Ava is going because she is certain big brother Max will need some help against buff soldier boy. They are wrestling, giggling , and having a great time when all of a sudden we hear Ava say: "Jesus, help us!" Obviously,she is speaking to the statue. We all cracked up at that one! Kids do say the darndest things and this little lady continues to bring a smile to our faces!









3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Me thinks you need more Grandkids in UT. But don't get any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a little mini Ben living very close by!!!Blonde curls, blue eyes, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stories of Ava. She is such a hoot! Wish you all lived next door so we could enjoy one another all the time. Missing everybody... Pa

    ReplyDelete