Thursday, July 29, 2010

The other day I was visiting with a lovely young woman who attended Colorado Northwestern Community College for one year. CNCC is located in Rangely, Colorado, one of the towns I call 'home'. She hated Rangely. I LOVED it! She asked me what we did there for fun. Oh, the stories I could tell! Truth or dare and knocking on Mr. Hilkeys door to borrow a cup of sugar we did not need only to take the dare and return it a few minutes later, snipe hunting, pushing the neighbor boys little blue car down the hill and driving off in the middle of the night, riding bikes to town with girlfriends, sleepovers, tubing on a hill not far from our house, having the McCarvers over while Santa came to their house on Christmas Eve, and the list goes on. As I reflect back on Rangely days I do so with fondness. I can not think of one single regret (perhaps that is due to age!) just a lot of fun times and tender memories. Of course, this is all due to the fact that I was blessed with wonderful neighbors and fantastic friends! A blessing that seems to have followed me throughout my life. From life on 'the hill' to life on 'the farm' to life 'in town'. Whether it be childhood days, teenage years, college and missionary times, etc. I have been blessed to know many wonderful souls who have enriched my life. To all of you I say thanks! And, yes I did absolutely love growing up in the Rangely, Colorado oil field area!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that attitude. You are always so positive about everything. Mr. Negativity hasn't affected you one little iota. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strangely rangley stories always sounded so entertaining when I was kid. You made it so I always knew how important it was to have good girlfriends. Most girls don't seem to know that secret.

    ReplyDelete