Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Have An Opinion and I'm Not Afraid to Voice It

First came depression, then came anxiety and panic attacks, followed by Celexa.  20 milligrams daily.  This introduced me to the easy going, whatever, happy to be here person I became.  Actually, that sounds like the me in High School!  Lately, I have decreased the dose to 10 milligrams daily (following the Dr.'s advice).  Now I introduce you to the new me.  I have an opinion and I am not afraid to voice it.  Just check out some of my comments on Face book.  I get a little touchy concerning illegal immigrants and politics. Please do not take any of these comments personal.  Depression, anxiety, illegal immigrants, politics all posts for a future day and time.  For now I think my husband prefers the 20 milligram wife to the 10 milligram wife.  (Is that anything like Johnny Lingo and the 10 cow wife?  Won't give you my feminist opinion of that movie!) Oh well, in my opinion...Scott gets what he gets and he doesn't throw a fit.  Well,  he can  but I am not sure it will  do him any good! 

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, so long as you aren't disagreeable. I know sometimes me and my opinions dance closely around those two lines (depending on who I am disagreeing with), but I'd much rather speak my mind semi-politely then let all the frustration boil up inside of me.

    I was raised to think for myself instead of buying into everything I was taught at school. I was raised to feel confident about my ideas even when no one around me seemed to share them (or care about them). And I am forever grateful to the two wise adults who taught me to do so.

    And are you kidding about Dad wishing you'd be quiet? When you were on 20 milligrams and not speaking your mind he'd feared you voted for McCain and all the Republicans. He'd probably rather you be 100% crazy than making him wonder if you'd turned red on us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I am red!!! I rooted for the Utes all the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your blog and for the record, I'll take you anyway I can get you. You are the light of my life with or without your meds!
    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, you are so sweet!! Love you to the moon and back! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom? My mom's Beulah P!!! Last I knew you were my wife, not my mom!
    Your Husband (Scott)

    ReplyDelete