Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"The Office": Season One , A Sordid Affair

He was strong, a man of steel.  Was that what attracted me to him?  Or was it his gray coloring?  Strong, distinguished, a man of few (if any) words.  A man of mighty action.  A man I used and took advantage of.  I needed him for a certain time period in my life.  Then as quickly as it began it ended.  Yes, "The Office", season one introduced me to him.  Below is his photo.










Handsome, is he not.  How did we meet? How did it all get started? Let me share that with you.  I went to work in 'the office'  in 2007.  The school came in to being in 1983.  All records during those years were still stored in a supply room.  One only needs records for the past 7 years.  Thus I went to work.  Box after box after box.  Shredding 17 years of records.  It took one full week.  One week to reminisce about Beth Brown.  The first secretary.  Her signature was everywhere.  Beth was a wonderful woman.  She loved her grandchildren!  She loved to spoil them.  She also enjoyed spoiling the employees at Delta South.  She would quite often bring corn pops in to the faculty room.  A treat we all enjoyed.      Beth was with me as I shredded those records.  It was a melancholy moment in time.  A time when I could see, feel, and hear Mrs. Beth Brown.   As for our supply room.  Well, it only has 7 years worth of records.  At the end of each school year I re-acquaint myself with my old flame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment