Sunday, March 21, 2010

Temperatures rising....





I came home from school all in the mood to make some homemade whole wheat bread. First I put 6 cups of red hard wheat in the grinder and while it was grinding I gathered all of my ingredients. Then I placed the water in the Bosch, added 3 cups of flour, turned on the mixer., and to my surprise nothing happened. I tried it in every outlet in my kitchen. I wiggled and jiggled the cord. Still nothing. It was a no show. By this time the only thing rising was my frustration level! Now I had two options. One: throw everything away or...two: do it by hand. Do it by hand??? Oh my, what was I thinking. I have never actually gotten my hands messy while making bread. But, my friend Joan ( see Women of Wise) does it all the time so why not give it a try. Whole wheat bread dough is actually quite easy to work with. I took out my frustration on kneading the dough! To my surprise it tasted the same as if done by Bosch itself! It makes great toast in the morning! Betty Bosch is going to St. George this week for a repair job, but if I am having a frustrating day perhaps I shall try white bread by hand. I think that might be a little stickier situation!

4 comments:

  1. My ever so talented wife! You should have gotten out Granny's bread mixing pan -- the one she kept her ashes in for all those years -- it cleaned up quite nicely! I have to agree -- there is no better toast than your wheat bread toast, and the smell of homemade bread cooking in the oven is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you are not a fan of homemade bread, excluding cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you are upset about any excuse to go St George! I've been wondering who Women of Wise was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bread! Kneading is the best way to release tension and frustration. Actually white bread is easier to work with you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete