Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wonder of Wonder, Miracles of Miracles

For all those mothers out there who have teenage children my advice to you is go forward with faith, be believing, and have great hope . Yes, they do mature, some faster than others, but they do learn and grow.


The proof is in the photo. Yes, Liz is a great cook! We so enjoyed her Quesadillas, Spaghetti with delicious meatballs, and to die for Craisin, Dark Chocolate Cookies. Such a pleasant surprise. (I recall those Halie and Liz moments in my kitchen)


It was a joyful, satisfying moment watching her mother her little son. Yes, my Reid is in good hands. Amazing, all amazing. Thanks sis! Missing you and my lil Reid.





3 comments:

  1. Oh I must have just worried you so. I bet you thought I'd turn into a creepy serial killer (who took three tries to spell serial accurately). Most mothers should count their lucky stars that their teenage daughter was slow to grow (at least in one sense of the word). You never had to worry about me getting in trouble with boys, or marrying too young, or wearing too much make-up with too little clothes. Sure, you may have had to throw out your fair share of cookie dough and extinguish (not to be confused with distinguish . . . thank you Ben) two or three oven fires.

    Want to hear a memory? Okay, I'll share. I was trying to find the right major and you suggested I take some Family Consumer Science classes so that I could learn how to be a good wife and mother. You mentioned something about needing to cook and know how to take care of a baby. I am SURE I hung up on you after you said it . . . but I should have just said "Mother, I spent 18 years under your wing. I learned more than any professor or textbook could ever teach me!"

    And actually, I looked into the classes a Psych Ed major takes and realized I'd get 2 child development classes, and I thought that should satisfy both of us (cause mad as I was, I saw your point). And that's part of why I went with Psych instead of History.

    Oh, and thanks for the super flattering pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! You do realize you did turn in to a 'cereal' killer' don't you?!

    ReplyDelete