Saturday, March 12, 2011

Did I Mention That....

I absolutely LOVE where I am living!! It has been beautiful weather this week in Delta. I came home from work Monday and cleaned out my front flower beds. Came home Tuesday and raked the front yard. Came home Wednesday and raked the north side. And, today I played in the water. Watering plants, cleaning off the grill, cleaning off furniture and the trampoline. Things I never would have done out on the farm. Why? 1.) Because we had at least one acre of grass, depressing to even start. 2.) Massive amounts of clay soil, which was even more depressing. 3.) Absolutely no wind barrier. Moving to town, to this house has been to our benefit. But it was not just the beautiful weather and the workable yard. It is also the great neighbors. As I cleaned out my flower beds the neighbor to the north stopped by to visit. As I raked the front yard the neighbor to the south and I visited. Today as we were working out back we visited with one of our back yard fence neighbors. When we first moved in to this home we considered privacy fencing on the back and south side. The north side already has a wood one and the rest are chain link. As time has gone on I think not. I am surrounded by wonderful people and I love being outside and able to visit with them. Like a good neighbor...Halls, LeFevres, Hostetlers, and Elva are there!

2 comments:

  1. Your ma has been working like a mad woman in the yard. I no longer know this woman to whom I am married -- haha! She claims she never worked in the yard in Sutherland -- that's a lie and her nose is going to grow too large for the front door if she keeps telling it. She had many a beautiful flowerbed in her day out home.

    That said, I must agree with her that yardwork in town is a breeze compared to yardwork on the farm. Granny ain't got the best soil in the world, but it beats the &^$% out of that to the west of us!

    Kristina wants a garden reception, so I guess we'll have to do some double time getting things all purdy 'round here. Ma has some great ideas -- and get this -- I agree with her!! That's kinda hard to admit, but she's pretty clever at times. She has yet to agree with any of my ideas...

    Ma is quite the chatty Cathy with all the neighbors -- me -- I prefer the quiet of Sutherland. Nobody ever interrupted me at home or the Cemetery. Kinda miss that quiet sometimes.

    a bientot...

    Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come home. I love your new house too!

    ReplyDelete