Saturday, March 26, 2011

Up Close and 'Purse'- onal

How has the economic crisis affected me 'purse' onally?
Cutbacks: The maid is still in my employ as is the chef, laundress, chauffeur, gardener, and landscaper. The pay they receive is relatively cheap- room and board plus the satisfaction of their labors.
Housing Market: Yes, the house is worth less than we have invested in it, but that will not affect us. We have no plans to sell. We will be here to the 'dying end'.
Investments: Let me tell you no Bernie Made Off with my investments! They are still doing great and producing the highest of high dividends. The first investment is living in St. George, teaching at Dixie Middle School. With 3 adorable dividends and one on the way. Our second investment is living in Omaha, NE doing his internship in the field of medicine. Once again 3 adorable dividends and one on the way. Number three investment is living in Oshkosh, WI with one adorable dividend and more to come. Number four investment is living in Logan, Utah attending USU. We are looking forward to those future dividends. All four investments have chosen wisely and blessed us with four of the most wonderful spouses and spouse to be. Yes, our investments have brought immeasurable joy into our lives.
Employment: Fortunately I have not had to return to the work force nor have I had to hit the road Jack in search of work. Millard School District has been a most wonderful place of employment for the last 18 years of my life.
Stocks and 401Ks: Now that is a totally different scenario. I will most likely be working in and out of the home to the end. Which I could look at as a blessing and not a curse. Work is good and I love what I do in and out of the home.
Looking back economically on the past few years I have much to be grateful for and zero to whine about. I think I will go clean, do my laundry and ironing, grocery shop, make cookies and enjoy my Saturday! I will be in my element.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a clever and upbeat lady. "Old" age suits you well my dear. I hope you don't have to work your whole life. Maybe once you enter those lasts years you'll just have to come "work" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Honey in my last years I plan on living with you. Drawing on your walls, leaving piles of clothes hither, tither and yon, fighting over the bathroom with you, and having all my old lady friends over for a 'sleep' over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psh, who ever looked at your "underneath the stairs" walls anyway? The rest, I deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hun bun, you are the best investment I ever made! And to think, after all these many years, I'm still earning interest!!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete