Friday, May 13, 2011

CrEaTiViTy

I admire and fully appreciate the talents and creativity of others. Just to show you a few... My daughter-in-law has a very creative art talent. Her mother has it, her grandmother has it, she has it, and my grandson has it. Jaedon LOVES roller coasters! That is the theme of his newly decorated bedroom. Mel drew the large one on his wall.

Jaedon drew these three smaller ones and mom framed them. Aren't they just the cutest!




Melanie painted furniture and made the pillows. Everything came together so cute! I am certain my grandson loves his new bedroom decor. I know I do.



In Delta we are blessed with a woman who shares her creativity with us through home baked goodies and entrees. Her cupcakes are so delicious and her carrot cake is to die for! Rose opened "Dessert First" on Main Street and she always has cars there. If you get a chance to come to Delta , be sure to stop in. The chocolate cupcake with the mascarpone filling is the best in my opinion.



As for me and my creativity.....Well, I created a world. Okay, so it is really a natural environment for my pet poly wogs! Yes, the neighbor children shared some of their poly wogs with me. They spent their first three days of life in a stark white kitchen bucket. I noticed there was not much movement or action taking place in this bucket. Were they bored? Was it the Pine Sol or Clorox scent? Would they soon 'kick the bucket' so to speak? I decided they needed to go Au natural. I took one of our old washtubs, filled it with dirt, added a rock, and last of all filled it with water. Voila! Put my little critters in it and they appear to be loving life! I see them swimming around enjoying life to the fullest. I feed them daily with my fish food. We will know if it is a success or not when I hear croaking in my back yard. Yes, I am hoping these little fellows croak in the true sense of the word!


Isn't he just the cutest!!!


Poly Wog World. Not as delicious as the cupcakes, not as adorable as the bedroom, but my poly wogs and I are certainly enjoying it! And that my folks is about as creative as I get.

1 comment:

  1. Those little poly wogs are dang cute! Hope they do indeed grow into fat little toads that will live in the yard for years to come. I always loved the big toad out back under the basement steps.
    You, my dear, are as creative as anyone I know. Your writing talent is second to none and your cooking and decorating skills are fantabulous! Don't sell yourself short.
    Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete