Friday, May 13, 2011

Speaker Beware!

The sub came in to the office to sign in. While we were visiting she said: "I am getting my car fixed today." I replied: "You are getting new carpet, how nice!" She chuckles and repeats her statement. Yes, she is getting her car fixed. Later I am off to the lunch room for some ice. I ask the lunch manager how her meeting went. She tells me: "We are going to fat free milk next year." My reply: "What are factory meals?" She laughs and repeats her statement. Yes, we are having fat free milk next year, not factory meals. Oh my holy hannah I am going deaf!!! No comments from my children. They have long been aware of the fact. When I was young it was ADD and the inability to focus and listen. How that I am old it is ADD, the inability to focus and listen, and going deef! Perhaps I need to learn to sign.

2 comments:

  1. What did you expect? "No mother dear, you are as young as ever."

    Just be glad you have the deaf excuse now . . . instead of my usual complaint that you just never listen. Who wouldn't listen to hours of my teenage self blabbering away?

    Oh we do get along so much better now that we don't have to live together.

    Love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old age is the pits! I'm right there with you my love...

    ReplyDelete