Friday, May 27, 2011

A Kodak Moment

Monday, May 23rd and Tuesday, May 24th were true Kodak (okay Cannon) moments.  I even took the camera with me.  I was all ready to do the photo shoot when I realized my camera was battery-less!!!  I forgot I had plugged them in to re-charge them.  I wish I could plug my brain in to re-charge it!  I will just have to share the moment with you via words. 

The first moment took place at the hospital in lovely St. George.  Zoey Genevieve Bassett made her grand debut Monday, May 23rd.  She weighed in at 5 lbs. 14 oz.  Small for a Bassett Baby.  18 inches tall.  Short for a Bassett Baby.  Absolutely beautiful like all Bassett babies!  It was love at first sight, as it is with all children and grandchildren.

The second moment took place Tuesday, May 24th at Heritage Elementary School.  Max Scott Bassett graduated from Kindergarten and we were there to witness the big event.  Max's father did not particularly care for programs and speaking parts when he was a child.  Max's grandpa reveled in them.  Max had a speaking part.  The question was, would he take after his dad or would  he be more like his grandfather.  His father wondered if his son was  nervous.  His grandpa wondered if his grandson  was nervous. His grandma just wondered.  Wondered if the teacher was playing the guitar.  Wondered if the children would be given graduation certificates.  Wondered how the new baby and mom were doing.  Wondered if Matthew would get the teaching job in Delta.  You get my jest. The proud moment came.  Max walked down to the micraphone, grabbed it with both hands, speaking in to it loud and clear.  No need to wonder any longer Matthew and Scott.  He was NOT nervous.  He was his grandfather's child for that  moment in time.  I wonder if he will stay like that?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why you wonder so much at all? Are we sure it's just ADD wondering and not anxiety wondering?

    I keep wondering how many more days I have to clean my house before my mother arrives. AHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete