Friday, December 17, 2010

Ornaments From Around the States

Spring of 2005
San Antonio, Texas
A very fun vacation for Scott, Claudia , and Phillip!
A sea shell painted by a local artist.
The above ornament came straight from
Hershey Park, Hershey, PA.
A fun filled time with Jon, Mel, and kids!
The ornament below also came from Pennsylvania
and a trip to visit our Hershey Bassetts.
We visited Amish country side and I found this in
an Amish gift shop. I could not afford their
beautiful handmade quilts so this was 2nd best!




This lil guy comes from the Washington, D.C. Zoo.
Along with memories of Matthew, Laura, and kids &
Ben and Liz summer of 2009. The Utah Bassetts
headed east to visit our east coast Bassetts/Szilagyis



My newest and latest ornament comes from a
local art botique in Virginia.
I purchased it on my last trip to Virginia
while visiting Ben, Liz, and the newest grandbaby, Reid.
I wanted the crane because it reminded me of my reading
group I had two years ago. Five of the most wonderful
2nd graders. We read "Sadako and the 1000 Cranes"
then we made our own paper cranes. Not near as fancy as the
one above!

While posting this blog I realized how much I am going to miss visiting Pennsylvania and the Washington D.C. area. Both are such wonderful places. Not sure Nebraska and
Wisconsin can make the grade. Sorry kids!
Perhaps Scott and I should move back east and the children
could come visit us!



3 comments:

  1. I hear ya. I'm going to miss DC so much. If it just weren't so far away from family (and so $$$$) I could have stayed here for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the blog hon! I hadn't even seen the newest addition (crane) until I viewed it on the blog. I am indeed my mother's child -- so very observant!!!
    Merry Christmas one and all and to all and one a good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with ya too. Nebraska has nothin' compared to Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete