Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ornaments from the heart

I well remember the year I tried tole painting classes.
This and a rocking horse for Jonathan were my only projects.
I discovered I did not have the patience, time, patience,money,
patience....
oh and yes most important...talent!
I have a difficult time painting in the lines
let only free styling it!
Little Miss Gingerbread is a constant Christmas reminder that
I need to develop patience and Tole Painting is not for everyone!
This angel was made for me one year by one of our
very own Sutherland 2nd angels. Isn't she sweet,
just like Jackie. A most remarkable young wife and mother.
It reminds me of the faith, dedication, and
testimony of a true angel I know.
This little bell has been adorning my Christmas tree for many
years. It was handmade especially for me from my most favorite Wells aunt,
Aunt Margaret. Oh, the wonderful memories I have of her
and her family. She always made me feel loved and
welcome. She is a good, good soul! Her own heart
rings out with joy and love!
(p.s. Sorry Aunt Margaret for the waterfight inside your house!)

Another angel that adorns my tree and the
story that goes with her. Scott and I in our early years
would purchase a big, bushy, sticky, fat pine tree.
I had made a chain for the tree out of ribbon, the
exact ribbon that adorns this angel. Sue was our friend. Scott
taught piano to her children. She was an observant, crafty, giving,
caring lady. She made 6 or so of these for our tree one year. That had to have
been about 25 years ago.





2 comments:

  1. I love that we all have one of those gingerbread men. I call Aunt Margaret's bell! he he. Keep these coming, it's fun to remember my tree. Do you still have that garner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip down memory lane is always nice at this time of year. I kinda miss that old bushy tree with the chain, popcorn, ribbons, etc. And don't forget the fake trees with all their expensive Service Drug moose and beads (don't really miss those for some reason). Thanks for always doing such a bang up job with Christmas for me and the kids...
    We love you for it!

    ReplyDelete