Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"While visions of Jonathan Scott danced in my head"

This morning I sat pondering all the wonderful things I am so very thankful for. One event in particular came to view. In my minds eye I could see 30 years past when Scott and I were blessed with a new little son. The memories which came flooding in brought to my heart more things to be thankful for. Let me share a few with you. I am thankful the green gallon of paint sitting on our pantry shelf was water based and not oil based paint. It was much easier to clean up off the little one, the floor, and everywhere else it landed! I am thankful that when he broke open bottled cherries to snack on he was not cut inside or out! The Dr. told me next time to serve them with cream! I am thankful he was waaaaaay younger than the age of 8 when he and his older brother decided to give Racey Car (the kitten) a bath in the water trough. Sad to report Racey Car did not survive the bath (or should I say baptism or perhaps drowning is the word I am really looking for.) I am very grateful I was not within too close of distance when his stock show cow jumped over the moon. Okay, it actually jumped over the fence and I thought it was sooooo funny I busted out laughing. He did NOT think it was funny and the Bassett/Hardy temper combo came out in full force. The memory of it all still makes me laugh to this day. Sorry. I am so thankful for all of these memories and so many more. Too many to mention. I am thankful for the birth of this child, for the fine young man he grew up to be, for the good choices he has made in his lifetime. I am thankful he married Miss Mel and has given me 3 beautiful grandchildren to love. Thank you Jonathan for being you and may you have a most wonderful birthday! May you also be blessed with a little one just like you! Hide all the paint Melanie!

2 comments:

  1. Jon's stories of childhood adventure were always the most entertaining! I loved hearing Dad's journal this summer as he recounted the stubborness of a three year old. One correction to your memories though, it was my cow that jumped over the moon, but of course Jon was the one who had to deal with it. So that correction doesn't change much. Oh, and don't forget his getting the car out of the mud! What a Superman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just makes me chuckle!! I love you Jay. Wish you were here so I could squeeze your little cheekies and give you a big old hug -- knowing how much you love gestures of affection!!!
    Love, Pa

    ReplyDelete