Sunday, April 18, 2010

HI YA!

After working 17 years for the Elementary School I have learned the fact that spring weather raises testosterone levels in the male gender. But surely, with just 5 and 6 years old this spring we would see less or no little guys in the office? That was a false judgement on my part. I am here to tell you spring weather raises those hormones in even the littlest of guys! I will share with you my favorite Friday happening. It is 12:25 p.m., time to go home (early out on Fridays.) The children are lining up for busses. A little girl comes to the office in need of an ice pack and to inform us that 'so and so' needs to visit with Mr. Chappell. The little guy is wearing very pointed cowboy boots. The innocent victim is not wearing shin guards. The little 'cowboy' says it was an accident, he did not mean to kick her. He has already been in the office that morning, do we believe him? You decide. When asked if she knew why he would kick her the little girl replies: "I don't know, I just heard him say 'HI YAH!' and then it happened." I vote he is innocent, but needs to practice his karate elsewhere , someplace where he has more freedom of movement. It did make his teacher and two secretaries laugh. Love those little ones!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love Kindergartners. I had my share of Kindergartners visit the office. The most memorable had to be Doug Phillips!!! Oh the stories my walls could tell...

    ReplyDelete