Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tales from the crib....

It was 11:00 a.m.-time for Kindergarten Centers. Three little girls and two little boys, all top notch students, would be at my table today. They were to write and illustrate their very own "My Book." "This is my______________." They had to sound out, spell, and write the fill in word and then draw a picture to correspond with it. "This is my cuzn" etc. One little guy wrote: "This is my howze." As he drew he would visit with me elaborating on the details of his house. This is always the fun part. "Our house has a lot of roofs" he said, explaining the peaks on the top. Then he drew a small triangle in front of one of the peaks. "This is our man cave and only men are allowed in the man cave. Just me and my dad," he informed me. "What is in your man cave?" Inquiring mind wanted to know. "A pool table." he replied. "Well, what if your mom and big sis want to play pool?" I questioned him.
"Oh, they can't. It is a man cave. I am the guard of the man cave so I have to make sure they don't go in. But my mom goes in to clean it!" he tells me. This was where I burst out laughing! Then I told him to go home and tell his dad Mrs. Bassett said he needs to clean his own man cave!

1 comment:

  1. Cute story! Gotta love those little critters. They are so honest!

    ReplyDelete