Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finding Sarah....Finding Self Worth

I admit it, I watched one hour of Sarah and Dr. Phil and Sarah and Suzie Orman.  Sarah is in search of her self worth.  I love human physcology.  I did have moments of sorrow for her and I did have moments when I wondered how much money she stood to make by doing this reality show.  In my opinion she has based her self worth on name, title, position, and income.  I think I would like to send her this quote that came from teaching a Young Womens lesson many years ago.

"Your Individual Worth is NOT determined by your appearance, your performance, or your social acceptance (might I add by your bank account and material possessions, your title or position).  You did not come to this earth to obtain self worth, you brought it with you."  "...trailing clouds of glory, do we come, from God, who is our home"  Wadsworth

I think I would like to send her the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She needs them more than she needs Dr. Phil, Oprah, and Suzie.  That folks  is my view of the situation.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah who?

    And thanks for always keeping that quote on self worth magneted to the fridge. I read it nearly every morning at breakfast time, right before I headed out to the shark tank, better known as "the school years of a teenager." I still have the quote memorized.

    Krapo! Ha ha, now my verification is krapo. Krap-o! Big brother is on to me and my parents think I'm bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you are not in to royalty... it is Sarah Ferguson ex-wife of Prince Andrew, the brother of Charles, the uncle of William, the son of the Queen of England mom

    ReplyDelete