Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mrs. Edward Sissorhands

I may be married to a weed whacker murderer, but Scott is married to Mrs. Sissorhands.  Yes, I was out front dead heading  some flowers when I noticed a very un-welcoming visitor just a strolling up our sidewalk.  The neighbors obviously sprayed for cockroaches so this big guy (or was it a gal?) was headed my way.  I did not  have a moments hesitation.  I cut him in half.  He was still squirming.  I cut him again and I did not even feel bad about it.  One thing we have in town we never had on the farm...cockroaches.  Nasty creatures.

2 comments:

  1. Oh roaches. My first real introduction was in Malaysia. They were bigger than my hand (palm and fingers combined). Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. They were gross!

    Then in DC (at Dunbar) there were just little tiny roaches everywhere that scared my poor students. I always swatted them (one time bare handed) and the kids were amazed! Shut them right up! Scissors would have been helpful.

    But my killing roaches in class was nothing compared to the time a teacher killed a mouse. Poor little guy. Frozen in the back of my class until Ms Winter took a thousand page textbook to his brains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! But you know me and mice. I would have scooped him up and named him Tom or Jerry! Mom

    ReplyDelete