Sunday, July 3, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes...

Babe #1:  Age 7
The Primary Chorister informed the children that she loved summer.  This was followed by the question:  "Why do you think I love summer?"  One little girl raised her hand.  Her answer:  "Because your kids are home and you get to spend time with them."  Wasn't quite the answer she was looking for.  She stuttered, she stammered and one look on her face told you that she was ready for school to start!  All the adults got quite the chuckle out of that.  The correct answer...she loves flowers!  Flowers are, after all, lower maintenance.

Babe #2: Age 6
During singing time in Primary this same chorister would have a child come up, read a scripture, and then the children would guess what primary song went with the scripture and then sing that song.  Easy task for the older primary, more difficult for the younger ones.  The key word in one of the scriptures read was 'stream'.  She was obviously  referring to the song: "Give Said the Little Stream".  Hands went up in all directions and the consenus was:  "Row, Row, Row Your Boat".  No, that song is  not in the Primary Songbook, but I think we should have sung it anyway.  I bet they all knew it!

Gotta love working in Primary.  I bet they did not have near as much fun in the adult classes.  Though I did hear a funny one around the dinner table. 

Babe #3:  Age 25
In Sunday School class they had many visitors so everyone was invited to tell who they were.  The teacher began by saying he was so and so and Bishop Campbell had been his Bishop.  The next two young ladies introduced themselves followed by the comment:  "We are Bishop Campbells daughters."  That got it going.  From then on out it would be a comment such as:  "I am so and so and I don't even know Bishop Campbell."  "I am  Bishop Campbell (yes, he was in the room) ."  When it was Phil's turn to introduce himself he said:  "I am Phil Bassett and I am pretty sure Bishop Campbell is grateful he was not my Bishop!"  This was followed by fits of laughter!  Gotta love small towns where everyone knows everyone and everyones historic past!  By the way...Phil is a real babe!  Just ask Kristina!  Or should I say Phil is marrying a real babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment