Friday, December 23, 2011

Politics and The Reason for The Season

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6


What more can I say than I look forward to the day when the government is upon His shoulders!  Do I think he will be a Democrat?  No.  Do I think he will be a Republican?  No. Do I think He will  be a politician?  No.  But this much I do know. He will rule with  kindness, honesty, compassion, mercy, justice, selflessness (having little or no concern for oneself, especially with regard to fame, position, money, etc.)  All  of these wonderful traits that you can not find in todays politicians!  A beautiful scripture that gives one hope and something to look forward to.  May we all keep this scripture in mind as we celebrate His birth this Sunday.


"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Merry Christmas to all...Democrat, Republican, Gay, Straight, Male, Female, Black, White, Mormon, Catholic, etc.


P.S.  Even though my husband may disagree with me on some of my political viewpoints he will be the first to tell you I am always right!  Tee Hee, Tee Hee!

1 comment:

  1. Truer words were never spoken, especially the PS! Merry Christmas to one and all.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete