Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tricks of the Trade

Yesterday by 8:30 a.m.  three children were sent home due to the flu bug.  Today one of our kindergarten students informed his teacher he was sick.  It was during program practice.  The instructional assistant brought him in to the office where I had him lay down on the couch in the nurse's office.  A few minutes later  he was up and about playing on the scales.  I went in and told him it was time to go back to program practice.  He replied:  "Well, my mom hasn't come to get me yet."  To which I responded:  "You are not sick."   He giggled and said:  "I tricked you!"  To which I replied:  "Well, I tricked you.  I did not call your mom so she is not coming  to get you  so go back to the gym."  He giggled as he left the office still thinking he had pulled a fast one on me!

1 comment:

  1. It's probably cute at your school . . . it was not at my last job. Middle schoolers don't giggle about it.

    ReplyDelete