Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Choices...The good, the bad, and the UGLY!

The other day I was grateful for the freedom to make choices.  I do not always make  correct choices.  I do not always make the best choice.  One look at my Christmas tree would verify that.  I actually chose a very ugly tree.  It did not look that ugly in the parking lot.  Honestly it did not.  But put up in my house it looks ugly, downright ugly.  No matter which way I turn it the results are the same.  One heck of an ugly tree from all viewpoints.  Perhaps after  it is decorated it will look better, but I can not imagine that.  I have thought of clipping some limbs, but worry I could actually make matters worse.  I will just have to admit I made a poor choice and for the next 30 days I will have to live with it.  A constant reminder that I need Scott with me when I go tree shopping.  A constant reminder that I need to look at more than 2 trees next time (I hate shopping, even tree shopping.)  A constant reminder that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I just need to adjust my vision.  Yes, I am grateful for the freedom to choose.  I am also grateful for the lessons learned from choosing unwisely.  Sometimes I have to learn those lessons over and over and over again.  Yes, I am a slow learner.  By Christmas 2012 I will probably forget how ugly my 2011 tree is and spend 5 minutes picking out the new one!

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet that ugly tree will look just great when she's all fixed up. Even an old barn looks better with fresh paint. I will have to admit of all our trees, this is one humdinger!
    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great all decorated. It will probably be more memorable BECAUSE it wasn't the perfect tree:)

    ReplyDelete