Sunday, November 6, 2011

He Lights Up My Life.

As the early morning light makes its way into my home I am reminded of the light that made its way into my life.  Thus illuminating my soul.  It began on:

Saturday, November 5, 1960 

My baptism into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The event took place in Vernal, Utah.  My father was the witness and Elder Oluas Johnson performed the ordinance.

Sunday, November 6, 1960.  

My confirmation as member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Exactly 51 years ago.  This event took place in the Rangely, Colorado LDS meeting house.  Elder Merrill Anderson performed this ordinance.

Continued on November 12, 1972. 

I received my Patriarchal Blessing from Patriarch Heber G.Jacobs while attending Brigham Young University. 

November 1, 1975. 

I entered the Missionary Training Center to begin a remarkable 18 month mission serving in the Belgium Brussels mission.  Which meant I took out my endowments 2 days before.

I am ever so grateful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It has enriched my life.  It has given purpose and meaning to my life.  It has blessed my life.  Heavenly Father is already aware that I want my return ticket 'home' to be in the month of November.  Hopefully, many Novembers away!  But.... I get what I get and I won't throw a fit!

2 comments:

  1. Why, may I ask is your return ticket to be scheduled for November? Simply because all the rest took place in November? Which, I might say is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I really liked your post, thinking how great it was to have all these special events occur during the month of November, and then you ruined it all with that last sentence. Now I will have to worry annually from the 1st of November until the 30th of November about your return ticket coming due. On the plus side, I'll have 335 days a year that I won't have to worry about that fateful day...
    Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete