Monday, November 7, 2011

Gratitude for "The Good Husband"


If you read the title of this post you may be wondering why in the world I would post a photo of Gus lounging around the house (doesn't he look comfy?)  Well, let me explain.  When I married Scott I gave him a puppy for a wedding gift.  Yes, a puppy.  You see I LOVE animals.  What I did NOT realize was he has no use for them unless they are in the freezer.  In our 33 years of married life 'we' have had 3 Bassett Hounds, 1 English Sheep Dog, numerous 'mutts', numerous cats in and out of the house, a bird, a couple of turtles, fish, gerbils, and a rabbit or two.  For someone who does not really care for pets I would say he is a very good husband to allow his wife her creatures.  He would have to admit he has been rather attached to some of them.  Pets are also quite costly and he has never complained about the money I spend on them.  What a nice husband.  No, my dogs and cats have never been my best friend.  That honor would go to Scott.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed many of the pets you have forced upon me through the years. I just don't like cat hair!!! I'm going to hold you to your promise that once Molly and Gus have departed from this earthly sphere, there will be no more animals!!!!! But, I have already reconciled myself to the fact that that will never happen -- but I can still hope...
    Love, Scott

    ReplyDelete