Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Special Delivery

Twenty nine years ago Scott and I were recipients of a very special gift.  This package did not arrive via UPS , USPS, Fed Ex, etc.  This gift came to us via Heaven.  She had 10 little fingers and 10 little toes, everything was so perfectly placed.  A most beautiful present.  After 2 young sons we were oh so ready to have  our little girl.  Alizabeth Anne Bassett was the name we chose to give her.  She was by far the easiest of all my deliveries.  I tell her she was like a little greased pig and so eager to come. She introduced us to bows, frilly dresses, baby dolls, clogging, chattering, etc.  She is our one and only daughter.  She is the only grandaughter on the Hardy side.  Now she is living in Wisconsin being a mom herself to the cutest little guy ever.  Today my heart is filled with gratitude for the birth of this beautiful baby girl and for the beautiful young woman (yes sis 29 is still young!) she has allowed herself to become.  Happy Birthday Alizabeth Anne!  We love you to Heaven and back!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Bettylou, you are without a doubt the very best gift November has given our family. I love you so very much. I thought our family would be all girls -- that's all I really ever wanted! I wouldn't give the boys away for anything and I love them dearly; however, nothing can ever take the place of Daddy's little girl. You have melted my heart from the day you were born -- can't imagine our family without you. I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent you to our home. You have greatly blessed and enriched our lives.
    Love, Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny I chose today to catch up on my blog reading, it is my Amanda's birthday. Daughters are so very special!

    ReplyDelete