Monday, November 21, 2011

The Seasons of Life

Someone once posed the question to me:  "What part of your life have you enjoyed the most?"  Which, of course, caused me to reflect on the past.  Was it my first 8 years of life in Kearns, Utah?  Yes, that was fun.  Extended family, subdivision lifestyle...yes, all that was good.  Move on to Rangely, Colorado. Oil field country, desolate and barren.  Most wonderful neighbors, fantastic girlfriends, life on 'the hill'. And, let's not forget Red dog! Oh yes, those  were definitely good, good times.  I loved life in Rangely.  Then came 4 years at BYU with wonderful roomates and more happy memories.  Followed by 18 months in Belgium and France.  Growing to love the French and Belge people, their customs, their food, definitely their food!  The next 33 years consisted of married life.  Newly weds, first time parents, first time homebuyers, life on the farm.  Raising children and pets.  Spending time making memories with 5 of my very best friends. Fun times, difficult times, laughing, yelling, all 6 different personalities living and growing together in 2000 square feet with only one bathroom.  And now, almost 60 years old.  A grandma with 9 perfect grandchildren, a perfect job, settled in so to speak.  Which part of life was my favorite?  I would have to say the one I was living in during that  moment of time.  Yes,  it truly is a wonderful life!  I am grateful for all of life seasons and I hope you are too.

2 comments:

  1. This is just the best attitude! I try my hardest to emulate it.

    I do feel like I had the best childhood imaginable (I was just telling our Home Teachers that, Delta is the best place to be a kid), and sometimes I worry my kids won't love their place of origin as much as I did mine, but I suppose if I try my hardest to build this kind of attitude in them, it won't really matter where they grow up. Though I really can't imagined having fun at any college other than USU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, you have definitely bloomed wherever it was you were planted, and the alkali soil of Millard County isn't the most fertile as we well know.
    I love you. Scott

    ReplyDelete