Thursday, November 10, 2011

Power To Remember

I remember...     

     Your first few months of life were spent in a swing in the dining room area of my home.  You loved motion.
     Your desire to play beauty shop at an early age.  Yes, I thought I had hid all the scissors in my house only to find you locked in the bathroom.  You were re-designing your bangs with toe nail scissors!
     Your love affair with hairspray.
     Your obsession with a perfect hairdo and you were NOT going to get on the school bus because I was out of hairspray.
     Your 'wrestle on the floor fights' with your little brother.
     Your comment:  "Coco, you have such big boobs!"  Proving to me that life is  a matter of perspective.
     Your coming up the stairs with a limp kitten held out in your hand reporting on the naughty deeds of Phillip and Doug.
     Your attempt at tee ball.  Refusing to wear your helmet as it would mess up your hair.  Finding shade out in the outfield because you did not want to be hot and sweaty.
     Your cheering at high school sporting events.
     Your wedding reception.  Such a  beautiful bride.
     Your little boy whom you loved.
But what I remember the most is your smile and the twinkle in your eyes.  Always smiling, always happy, always upbeat. 

You would have been 26 years old this month.  Your passing saddens my heart while your memories  gladden it.  I am grateful for the power of remembering.  Dani I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Watery eyes for sure. I remember her love of hairspray and perfect bangs. My favorite memory was of her going through my caboodal (spelling?) while I was suppose to be "babysitting" Dani and Devyn so you could clean your the kitchen. Her excitement for my hair things and jewelery made me feel girly (possibly for the first time ever). All day yesterday I just wanted to see her smile. I definitely remember her as a happy ray of light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco indeed loves her Dani. What fun and fond memories we have of her.

    I am grateful for the very important role the Fowles children played in the lives of my good wife and children. They are each very special to us. Thanks Dean and Deb for sharing them with us.

    God bless you all. We love you.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete