Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

I am thankful Noel Eldon Hardy was born on November 12, 1918.  Where would I be without him and Genevieve Elva Wells Hardy?  Or should I say, who would I  be?  He was a hardworker, mechanically inclined, generous and giving, and an excellent gardener.  He was not without his faults.  Just like the rest of us.  Little did he know that his most difficult years were those years that caused me to question the meaning to life.  In response to that questioning I found the answer.  Would I have posed the question if my life would have been easy?  I don't know, but I am grateful it wasn't.  I am grateful I asked.  Which causes me to look at his years, struggling with addiction, as a sacrifice on my behalf so my roots would have to dig deep.  So grateful he conquered the enemy from within.  So grateful he is my dad and I am his daughter.
This is my favorite photo of my parents.  Looks so much like them!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful man. I learned so much from him. I think I felt especially close to him, as my own father had been gone for five years when he came into my life via his wonderful baby girl, Claudia. He was so sound and so solid. Noel Eldon Hardy was my hero.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute, your a good daughter and person. I didn't realize he was only one year younger than my dad. I thought I had the oldest parents on earth! LOL

    ReplyDelete