Sunday, November 20, 2011

Memories of Good People and Good Times

I am most grateful for memories and the power they possess.  We went to church today out in Sutherland, our home for 30 years.  Even though our membership was in Sutherland 2nd Ward and we attended Sutherland 1st Ward today it still felt like home.  When you attend church for 30 years in the same Ward Building it does feel like home when you return.  Sutherland people, whether they belong to 1st or 2nd Ward , are the  salt of the earth.  There is something  about country/farm life that defines the people.  They are good people. They helped teach me and my family, supported us and were good friends to us.  Yes, I am grateful for the 30 years spent out on the farm and all those people we came to know and love.  God bless them all.  They have enriched our lives.  Now I treasure the memories.  Aren't you just so grateful for the people who come into your life?  I certainly am and I thank you all for the influence you have had on my life.

2 comments:

  1. Well, what on Earth sent you to Sutherland 1st? The farther away I get from Delta, the more I tell people I grew up in Sutherland (they don't know Delta anyway, so what does it matter). The more I tell people I grew up in Sutherland, the more I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm beginning to know why Beulah P. kept her membership in the Sutherland Ward. Wonder if I'll ever acclimate to church in Delta. It just isn't the same...

    ReplyDelete